Wondering if you can get an annulment?
Like a divorce, an annulment is a court procedure that dissolves, or ends, a marriage. An annulment is different from a divorce in that an annulment means you were never married in the first place and you are returned to your prior marital status. Some people still think divorce carries a stigma, so they would rather have their marriage annulled than get a divorce.
In California, there are a number of possible “grounds,” or reasons, that a judge might grant a request to annul a marriage:
- The couple is related by blood.
- One spouse was already married before entering into the second marriage (this is known as bigamy).
- The person requesting the annulment was not eighteen years old at the time of the marriage.
- Either spouse perpetrated a fraud to obtain the other party’s consent to marriage. The fraud has to go to the heart, or essence, of the marriage. A good example would be when one spouse persuades the other to marry because of a secret desire to remain in the United States
- One of the spouses has an “incurable physical incapacity.” This typically refers to male impotence that prevents the couple from having sexual relations.
- One or both spouses is of “unsound mind” (meaning, a mental condition that prevents them from understanding and appreciating the nature and duties of marriage—including severe intoxication).
- One spouse forced the other to get married.
Nevada grounds for Annulment
- A void marriage that was not valid when you married, like bigamy,
- A marriage you did not consent to. such as due to intoxication, or insanity,
- If a marriage was the result of dishonesty. Just review our list on the qualifications page and you may find a reason you can use.
- You and your spouse must separate soon once you learn of the dishonesty.
Nevada Annulment has been provided by our com[any for nearly 10 years at low costs, with or without spouse’s signature. A marriage is dissolved when you obtain a Nevada Annulment. Our success rate is nearly 100%!
OR SIMPLY CALL US AT 818.253.9090